As per the announcement made on 5 March 2020, Govt. of Australia introduced some travel regulations for the Australian Permanent residents as well as for the foreign nationals due to Novel Coronavirus Covid-19 travel regulations.
The Foreign affairs Dept. of Australia announced COVID-19 travel regulations for the following countries:-
- China – Not allowed to travel
- Iran – Not allowed to travel
- Daegu, Republic of Korea – Do not travel
The Foreign travelers exclusively Australian Permanent Residents who have been in the listed Countries will not be permitted to enter Australia for two weeks from the time they have left the countries -:
- Mainland China
- Republic of Korea
Australian permanent residents and citizens will be permitted to enter Australia With their close family members, spouses, legal guardians or dependents only. They will have to stay at home for two weeks from the time they left Iran, China and the Republic of Korea. Also, travelers from Italy have to meet upgraded border screening process.
- Defined exemptions are provided for airline crew, and should take proper precaution steps.
- There upgraded precautions steps will affect those who are willing to travel to Australia or leaving Australia to another country
- These safety measures are considered temporary steps and as per the conditions, these steps will be relieved.
Alert for International Travelers
Foreign travelers excluding permanent residents of Australia are advised not to enter in Australia during this period if:-
You are or have been on in mainland China since 1 February 2020 and you are not an Australian Citizen, Permanent resident or immediate family member (spouse, de facto partner minor dependent or legal guardian) of an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
You are or have been in Iran on or after, March 2020 and you are not an Australian Citizen, Permanent resident or an immediate family member(spouse, de facto partner, minor dependent or legal generation) of an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
You are or have been in republic of Korea on or after 5 March 2020 and you are not on Australian Citizen, Permanent resident , or an immediate family member (spouse, de facto partner, minor dependent or legal gurdian) of an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- If you give it a try to move to Australia directly or indirectly, to the flight will not be allowed to board.
- If you enter Australia your visa of any class will be canceled.
More updates on COVID-19 travel regulations will be updated as per the declaration from the Dept of Home affairs.