Australian Govt. now recommends all Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents that don’t travel overseas at this time, which is considered as the highest level of advice.
If the residents are already abroad and wish to come back to Australia, the Govt. advises everyone to come back very soon by commercial means. Disregarding the age, country, and health the Govt. recommends don’t travel during this time. As many countries locked borderlines and introduce travel regulations, overseas travel is getting more tough and problematic. Sometimes, you have to change the plan, if you wish to return to Australia. In case if you are out of Australia and don’t wish to return to Australia, you must follow the recommendations and instructions made by the local authorities. Take self-care to reduce the risk of COVID-19 by self-isolation. If you wish to come back to Australia, then you have to take self-isolation for 14 days. This condition is applied for all travelers coming from overseas including Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents.
All the Cruise ship which have sailed from a foreign port have been banned from entering Australian ports for 30days.
Australian Govt. announced this level of advice for the major two reasons
- There may be a higher risk of contracting COVID-19 overseas . You may come in contact with more people than usual, including during long-haul flights and in crowded airports. health care systems in some countries may come under strain and may not be as well- equipped as Ausatralia’s or have the capacity to support foreigners . You may not have your normal suppport network overseas.
- Overseas travel has become more complex and unpredictable. Many countries are introducing entry or movement restrictions. these are changing often and quickly. Your travelb plans may be placed in Quarantine or denuied entry to some countries and you may need to self quarantine on return to Australia. Think about what this might mean for your health, and your family work or study responsibilities.
Exceptions to Travel Regulations.
An Australian Citizen
A Permanent Resident of Australia
A Newzealand citizen usually resident in Australia
An Immediate family of Australian citizen and Permanent Resident.
Special attention for Overseas Travelers.
- You may board a domestic flight to your intended destination in Australia to self- isolate there.
- If you are well and symptomatic . You matyn self-isolate in a hotel.
- If travelers donot comply with their 14 day self-isolation requirements, they may face a range of penalty that exist in each state or territory.
- With a temporary visa (except for Partner and Child visa holders) – Attach proof (such as your marriage certificate, evidence of your de-facto relationship such as shared finances or property, your birth certificate or birth certificate for your children.